BC welcoming back students

Sam L. Jaime, Reporter

As part of welcoming students back to campus, departments/offices and student organizations have taken the opportunity to connect with students by setting up welcome tents to promote their mission. Tents will be located in three locations on the BC main campus, and another location on the Delano campus. Each tent location will have various giveaways, and offer campus maps, brochures, and granola.

Departments or student organizations that would like to host a tent must sign up for a specific time frame. Each tent will include two tables, a canopy, and two chairs. If any prospective host should need anything more, they are encouraged to bring it with them.

Students and faculty will also be able to connect with students the first week of classes by driving one of three golf carts circulating campus. These volunteers will be able to transport students to their classes and answer any questions they may have. While faculty and staff members are preferred as drivers, all students are encouraged to volunteer.

Individuals interested in driving or helping should sign up for a specific route and time frame. Those who sign up for more than four hours will receive an “ASK ME” t-shirt (while supplies last). For any further information regarding welcome tents or campus carts, please email Danyel Owens at [email protected].