SGA election dates and candidates set

Morgan Park, Editor-in-Chief

The time is coming soon to vote in a new student government for the 2017-2018 school year.

The last day for students to file to run for office for the 201718 school year was March 10. Students will be able to vote for candidates of the BCSGA election with InsideBC from 8 a.m. April 3 to 4 p.m. April 6.

The candidates running for the executive branch and the legislative branch can be found on the the Bakersfield College website at https://www.bakersfieldcollege.edu/bcsgaelections/ candidates.

Communication major Dezi Von Manos, and nursing major Daniel Mechem are running for BCSGA president. Lawrence Salcido Jr, psychology major, is the only candidate for BCSGA Vice President.

Art major Dontae Smith is the only student running for BCSGA director of student organizations.

Rayven Webb is an engineering technician and American sign language major, who is the only candidate for Kern Community College District student trustee.

There are 10 candidates for the position of BCSGA senator. Those students are political science major Erika Alvarez, English major Mustaga Barraj, chemical engineering major Juan Francisco Cantu, fire technology major Jose Manuel Cortez, engineering and communication major Emmanuel Limaco, communication major Jose E. Lopez, Brittney Lumsden-Ross who undeclared her major, business administration and communication major Ganae Romo, electrical engineering major Nisha Sharma, and psychology major James Michael Tompkins.