New phone apps make food ordering process simple

Carissa Diaz, Reporter

Since cell phones have become so important to people’s everyday life, companies have come up with an idea to invent an app that makes ordering food much easier.

These apps are everywhere and can be used for well-known fast food restaurants. I believe that it can be extremely helpful to anyone but more importantly to college students when it comes to saving time.

Most of the time people would rather use the drive-thru to order their food quickly rather than to wait in line inside. With pre-order food apps, it’s at the tips of your fingers and easy to use. All you have to do is download the restaurant app, type in the location and start selecting your items off the menu. It tells you how long the wait will be and then you just go in to pay and pick up.

This simple process is a good idea because you could order your food without waiting in line and be on with your day. It’s especially good for college students because we are always on the go. We don’t really have time to be waiting for a backed up drive-thru when it’s suppose to be fast.

It’s also helpful to use when you’re at work. You could be craving something different to eat on your lunch break but only have certain options because of time. With any pre-order food apps, you can order before leaving on your break that way it could be ready by the time you take it. You won’t waste any time of your break waiting to order or have the food prepared because it’ll already be done.

I personally liked it when I first tried it out. I decided to download the Wing Stop app because that’s a place that’s always packed, and sometimes I don’t want to wait there forever to get my food to go. When I downloaded the app, I placed my order, and it told me how long before it would be ready. I was in between classes with about an hour to spare, so I didn’t have much time to waste before I had to be back on campus. Not to mention, it was lunchtime so of course it gets packed at Wing Stop.

When I went to pick up my order it was ready, and all I had to do was pay. It was much better than walking in to order then waiting for my meal to be prepared. I didn’t have to worry about the lunch crowd being in my way.

I would recommend it to anyone because it’s a time saver, and if you already know what you want, you can dodge all the chaos inside the restaurant. There’s still an option to call in your order, but when restaurants are busy they don’t always get to the phones right away. The app provides easy access, and you don’t have to worry about anyone messing up your order because you’re placing it yourself.