Condors set to soar in outdoor hockey match

Mario Saldana, Reporter

The Bakersfield Condors team outdoor game is just around the corner at the Bakersfield College’s Memorial Stadium, and in addition that there will also be other public events and tournaments that will be happening during the week of the game. The Condors will play their first outdoors classic game against the Ontario Reign, that will be part of the regular season.

Although this game will be played during BC’s winter break and many students are out of classes to enjoy their days off, there is a lot that this event will offer for the public that students should be informed about.

One of the events that will be taking place during the week are public skating sessions at the stadium from 4-9 p.m., and at noon during Friday, Jan. 6 and Saturday, Jan. 7.

During the public skating sessions, there will also be more activities to do during the day at the stadium, like inflatable obstacle courses for adults and kids, as well as snowman building. This event will be happening all week, and will be called Winterfest and an all-day pass for this event is just $20. There will also be a zip-line as well for an additional charge of $10, which will run over 200 feet above the football field. The Winterfest pass and unlimited zip-line rides will be $50.

If you’re looking to watch more hockey, the youth and adult league hockey tournaments will take a lot of the ice time, with many different teams from out of town, with roughly 60 youth teams participating in the tournament. Also on Jan. 6 they will host an NHL alumni/celebrity hockey game, that will be free admission with a Condorstown outdoor classic ticket.

The game will be played on Jan. 7. One can visit the Bakersfield Condors website for more information.