My first time going to a gaming convention

Alexandra Apatiga

Brandon Cowan plays “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,” in the room dedicated to adventure games.

Brandon Cowan, Web Editor

I really like playing video games.

To me, there is no reason to go outside unless I have to or to go out with friends.

Rowdy Con is the first time I have ever been to a gaming convention, and because I enjoyed myself so much at the convention, I would love to go to another one.

I arrived at Rowdy Con at 2 p.m. I was supposed to participate in a “Dark Souls III” tournament in the morning, but it ended up getting cancelled, so I slept in.

When I arrived at CSUB, I did not know how I was going to get back to my house because the person that gave me a ride said that he may not be able to give me a ride back to my house.

I asked around where the event was on campus and then I found the check-in.

I then went immediately to the building where the video game rooms were. I looked around and eventually decided on entering the 18+ room and played the tabletop game “Cards Against Humanity,” and I also played “Grand Theft Auto IV” until about 3:20 p.m.

Afterwards, I wandered around the building filled with video games and went into the room dedicated to adventure games.

I played “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor” for about 20 minutes. I was having so much fun because there were video games that I could enjoy on my own.

This convention also had a building for buying things that relate to video games and other pop culture.

I walked around the poorly lit room for 10 minutes until I found a booth that was selling melting beads art. I bought a piece that was Luffy from the animation “One Piece” for $10.

I could not find anything else that I wanted to buy that was worth the money.

I left the building with the surplus amount of items to buy and went back to the building filled with video games.

I found a room that had a Super Nintendo with a copy of “Zelda II: The Adventure of Link” in it.

This game is the hardest Zelda game that I have ever played before and I was well aware of it when I saw it.

I played Zelda II for about an hour and then gave up before beating the first boss. I then found a room that was filled with retro games ranging from an Atari 2600 to a Sega Dreamcast.

I never played an Atari 2600, so I immediately went to the console and started playing a bunch of games on it.

I got bored pretty fast because all of the games were simple like old arcade games; I did expect this though because I did know what kind of games were on the Atari 2600.

I left the building full of video games and found a stack of copies from the student newspaper at CSUB.

I read the newspaper until I found out that the friend that gave me a ride to CSUB said he could take me back to my house at 6 p.m.

I really enjoyed going to Rowdy Con; going to this convention made me want to go to another one. I hope I can get a ticket to Twitch Con.