BC rapist convicted of all charges

Paige Atkison, Editor-in-Chief

After a year of court proceedings, the assailant who perpetrated a sexual assault in the Fine Arts restroom at BC’s main campus in Spring of 2017 has been convicted.

Brandon Robinson, 21, was convicted of 15 felony charges on Aug. 14. The charges range from sexual battery, sexual assault, threatening with intent to terrorize, and robbery in the second degree.

The charges brought against Robinson included three separate cases of sexual assaults on women- the youngest of which was a 15-year-old girl. Robinson kidnaped and raped the 15-year-old while she was walking to school. Robinson was convicted of all charges brought against him, including four charges specific to the sexual assaults committed against minors.

Robinson’s third attack was committed against a 19-year-old Bakersfield College student while she was at BC’s main campus. During the woman’s restroom break before a final exam, Robinson followed into the Fine Arts building where he physically and sexually assaulted her. BC campus security arrived during the assault and apprehended Robinson.

Robinson plead not guilty to all 15 charges brought against him, adamant that he was innocent and that supernatural forces may have forced him to commit acts of violence. As a result of his plea, his case went to trial in early July 2018.

Robinson’s sentencing hearing is set for Sept. 26, and he faces up to life in prison.