Renegade football triumphs over Moorpark with 34-10 victory

Alexandra Apatiga

BC Renegade running back Elisha Ortiz breaking Moorpark’s defensive line as he inches closer to scoring a touchdown.

Alexandra Apatiga, Reporter

The Homecoming football game at Bakersfield College’s Memorial Stadium Saturday, Oct. 14, against Moorpark College gave the BC Renegades another win, bringing their season record to 5-1.

The Renegades have been finishing their games strong, with a 34-10 win against the Raiders, entertaining fans and students alike who attended the game for the BC Alumni TailGade Party and Homecoming festivities.

Among the many memorable and exciting plays was Elisha Ortiz, BC running back, who scored four touchdowns throughout the game. A 7-yard pass from fellow Renegade Brandon Jones for a touchdown during first quarter, followed with a 4-yard run in the second quarter, 1-yard run during the third quarter, and 21-yard run in the fourth quarter. This launched BC ahead of Moorpark and secured victory for the Renegades.

BC Renegade Nathan DeJager’s performance also shined at the Homecoming game, as with each touchdown Ortiz scored, DeJager followed with a successful extra point kick, as well as two field goal kicks during the second and third quarters.

Alexandra Apatiga
A Raider attempts to slip past two BC players, Louis Early and Bobby Robinson, and make
headway towards the end zone.

With a strong defense anchored by BC players Desmond Ramseur, with 10 tackles, and Sale Atuatasi, with 8 tackles, Moorpark’s Raiders were only able to score a 45-yard field goal and a 1-yard run touchdown during the game.

But while the game was a clear cut victory for BC, both sides suffered from penalties. A grand total of 39 penalties were confirmed, with BC taking 20 for 216-yards while Moorpark took 19 for 195 yards.

Overall Bakersfield College’s win streak (5-1) has been going strong as the Renegades ended the game with a 34-10 win.

Following the game fans were treated with a dazzling fireworks display celebrating another win for BC and the end of Homecoming week at Bakersfield College.

Four football games remain, two at home, for this season. The next home football game will be against Santa Monica College on Saturday, Oct. 28 at 6 p.m.