BC’s Lavender Initiative program is set to host a Lavender Prom

Samantha Britt, Reporter

The Lavender Prom is an event created by Adriana Oceguera Donahue and is organized by the Lavender initiative, which will be the first year this event will take place. On May 4, the Lavender prom will be held for the LGBTQIA+ students and allies. This event will occur on campus in the Renegade Event Center. This event is free and open to all students plus one guest as long as they register for it.

The theme is lavender and the prom will have food, lights, music and a DJ. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. as well as drag performances at 6 p.m. The Performances will be by Violent Vivas, Ayla Divas, Sasha Reign, Alexander the Queen, Nixk Moore, and Freddie Fahrenheit.

STD testing will also be available during this event. This prom was made for those who weren’t fully comfortable at their school dances and proms at their previous high schools.

Anjel Flores, the ICC rep of the Consent Club,  is also the organizer of these event. She explained,  “We wanted to have a queer centered prom that was accessible to everyone by being a free event to both give opportunities for reasons of not being able to be their true selves at their prom or not go at all.”

The Lavender prom will be free to all with registration https://bit.ly/3mz0voU Join the College in this event to celebrate and enjoy yourselves.