The BC Office of Student Life holds a “National Compliment Day” event on campus

The+Bakersfield+College+Office+of+Student+Life+were+giving+away+complement+pins+for+their+%E2%80%9CNational+compliment+day%E2%80%9D+event+on+Jan.+25+on+the+BC+main+campus.+

The RIP

The Bakersfield College Office of Student Life were giving away complement pins for their “National compliment day” event on Jan. 25 on the BC main campus.

Ricardo Garcia, Reporter

The Bakersfield College Office of Student Life held their “National Compliment Day” event on Jan. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

“Compliment Day” is a national holiday and the Bakersfield College Student Government Association brought this event together to spread kindness around the campus. 

The BCSGA Director of Student Activities, Shehrazad Barraj had the idea to host a “National Compliment Day” Barraj helps organize and create these events for the students, faculty and staff at BC. 

When asked about the responsibility and what it is like being the Director of Student Activities responded, “I really enjoy it, I think it’s really fun as a student. I ask other students I meet about what they would like to see more of on campus.”

Students and staff were able to take home a compliment pin, hand sanitizers or some hand cleansing wipes and any other items. 

According to Barraj her favorite compliment pin was the one that said “one kind word can change someone’s entire day” because that is the one that fought her attention the most. 

In times like this where COVID still has people uncertain, the spread of kindness might help bring the fellow Renegade spirit up. 

There were many more to choose from for example, “you make the world a better place,” “laughter is the best medicine” and “smile in the hallway” were just some of the complement day pins people could choose from at the Office of Student Life.