Financial Aid fest encourages students to seek support

Blake Burton, Editor

Bakersfield College held the Financial Aid Fest on Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the quad of the main Panorama Drive campus.

The event presented several opportunities for students. The Rip talked with a director that was involved with the event and she said that the fest was happening to encourage students to turn in their Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA) form. no matter the circumstance you are in.

She also said that the financial aid team also wanted to push FAFSA Friday, where they help you with anything you need with filling out the application.

Financial Aid fest set up on the quad at BC’s Panorama Campus on Feb. 15. (Blake Burton)

Several students who attended said that they were excited to be there in person since the last event that happened was online and the turnout wasn’t as good as they hoped it would be.

There were a fair number of booths there that had a great deal of opportunities to give out. The Veterans Center talked to the Rip about the resources they had at their center such as peer mentoring, work study, tutors and more for those who served and their relatives.

Clinica Sierra Vista talked with the Rip about the different things they had to offer to students such as dental services, WIC and more.

BC’s Industrial Automation program was also out at the event to showcase their bachelor’s program at Bakersfield College and the careers people can get with this degree, everything from a Quality Control Specialist to a Logistics Manager.

The event even featured a DJ from the Forge New Sound 103.9 who said he was here to support the community in any way he could. He stated that he likes to keep things vibrant and high spirited and that he wants to make sure everyone at the event is having a good time.