BC’s supply giveaway bolstered with partnership with Urbane Cafe

Rosa Salazar

Anthony Acevedo and Naomi Acevedo choose their prizes after spinning the wheel, while ASB member, Elisabeth Sampson (back) looks on.

Rosa Salazar, Copy Editor

The Bakersfield College Student Government Association (SGA) held their quarterly ‘spin the wheel’ event in front of the Student Life Office on Tuesday, Jan. 15 from 10 a.m. to noon.

Students had the opportunity to win free school supplies such as backpacks, pens, notebooks, binders, pop sockets, and other necessary items by spinning the wheel.

Rosa Salazar
Students were given the opportunity to win supplies such as backpacks, notebooks, pencils, folders, lanyards, pens, binders and much more.

Desiree Harrison was aware of the event because of her involvement in ASB last semester.

“Actually, last semester I was in this program so I was really going to come and get involved… it’s my freshman year so I’m trying get more into it this program,” she said.

Harrison advised fellow BC students to get involved.

Rosa Salazar
A BC student prepares to win big at the school supplies giveaway.

“Try to get involved honestly; like you get free stuff, that’s the best part,” Harrison said.

According to Armando Dimas, BCSGA manager, the event is at least twice a month.

This time it was partnered with ‘Share the Love Day.’

“So that’s going to be an activity where we’re going to be working together with a couple of organizations here on campus,” Dimas said.

Rosa Salazar
Desiree Harrison scores a jackpot of five prizes after spinning the wheel.

“It’s one of the first times were doing it we’re really excited to do it. We’re trying to use it to bring the school and the campus environment together with the clubs and the organizations,” he continued.

According to Dimas, one of the organizations that partnered with BC was Urbane Cafe, which offered a free side or salad with proof of student ID.