Bakersfield College kicks off homecoming week

The+BC+Agriculture+club+hosting+a+bag+toss+game+at+the+pep+rally+on+Oct.+17.+

Jacqueline Gutierrez

The BC Agriculture club hosting a bag toss game at the pep rally on Oct. 17.

Jacqueline Gutierrez, Reporter

Bakersfield College kicked off homecoming week with the theme of Renegades Around the World, during the week of Oct. 14-19. 

During homecoming week, the Office of Student Life (OSL) and Bakersfield College Student Government Association (BCSGA) hosted events to prep the Renegades for homecoming. 

Monday through Thursday, students were encouraged to participate in fun events. During the week students were encouraged to donate hygiene products to the Renegade Pantry in Levinson Hall. 

On Monday, BC students were invited to attend Karaoke and Pop Trivia in Levinson Hall where they got to sing their favorite songs and answer pop trivia questions. Later in the day students were invited to attend a Gandhi Easel Event where they were allowed to bring their families to paint a Gandhi inspired painting.

On Tuesday, BC students were invited to a Chalk Art Walk event where they could draw on the outside sidewalk of Levinson Hall. Many students came out and demonstrated their art skills by drawing everything from abstract designs to homecoming inspired designs. The same day students were invited to pie the homecoming candidates, who are Aliyah Khan, Sharon Gilbert, and Charlynn Patricio. 

On Wednesday, BC students were invited to flaunt their talent during the BC Got Talent: Entertainment Gauntlet outside of the Huddle. During this event BC students danced and sang songs. 

On Thursday, BC students were invited to a pep rally and snack brigade, to watch the movie Slumdog Millionaire, and a Café murder dinner theatre where guests were invited to participate in a murder mystery event. 

To end the homecoming week, clubs, organizations, and homecoming candidates participated in a homecoming parade that was led by the BC drumline before the homecoming game.