Spring Break is a refreshing time for all

Freddie Ward, Reporter

Spring Break is more than just a break. For most students, it is a necessary lifeline needed to complete the spring semester.

Sabrina Alves, a human service major, said, “It is the only time during the semester I’m able to rest and sleep.” Alves said Spring Break allows her to have some “me time” that’s free from homework, study, and meeting deadlines. She said it’s a refreshing break.

This semester, Spring Break is scheduled March 21-25.

Alves will graduate in the spring and begin Cal State Dominguez Hills in fall 2016.

Criminal justice major Benita Contreras is also looking forward to Spring Break. Contreras will use the break to begin studying for finals and to catch up on homework assignments. Contreras said, “I may even have some extra time to kick it with family and friends.”

Eva Hernandez, a student and mother, said, “Spring Break will give me the opportunity to enjoy time with my son and to clean my house.” Hernandez said raising a child as a single parent is demanding, and she feels constantly under pressure. She said Spring Break allows her a chance to “breathe.” “I can hardly wait.”

Alyssa Tolliver said, “I need it, I need it.”

Tolliver, a psychology major, describes Spring Break as a time for her to become refreshed and supply energy for her to remain focused to complete the end of the semester. Tolliver said, “I’m at the point where I really, really need it.”