Students prepare their costumes

Cynthia Loera, Reporter

In celebration of Halloween, SGA is planning on giving out free candy to anybody that decides to wear a costume on Oct. 29.

Games and contests will also take place in front of the Office of Student Life, which is located in the Campus Center.

Thirty-nine students on campus were asked if they thought they would be participating in the Halloween festivities and 17 of those students said they were definitely going to dress up for the occasion. Environmental science major Raven Bridges said she was going to dress up as Rosie the Riveter this year, and English major Brynn Biesik said she plans on going all out and making her own costume.

“I’m planning on coming as a killer Trix rabbit,” Bridges said. “I’m even going to come inside of a cutout box that I’m going turn into the Trix cereal box.”

Another student, Julia Lyle, said she plans on dressing up as Numbuh 5 from the cartoon series “Codename: Kids Next Door.”

Seven students said they weren’t sure if they were going to wear costumes yet and 15 said they were not going to participate.

Business major Julianna Herrera Arinaga said she wants to dress up as a sailor girl, but her decision is going to be based on how the weather turns out to be that day.

Another student said she wakes up too early to even get to class on time and doesn’t want to try spending extra time fixing up a costume for that day.