Cupid has yet to arrive at BC

Kyle Cortez, Reporter

It’s that time of the year again where you see nothing but chocolates, teddy bears, and couples everywhere you go.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner on Feb. 14, but many students at Bakersfield College still don’t have any plans yet.

When people on the BC campus were asked about their plans for Valentine’s Day, the majority of single students said that they don’t have anything planned yet, but then they went on to say that they would probably just end up watching Netflix.

There were a few single students who said that since Valentine’s Day lands on a Sunday this year, that they would just be with their friends or family just like any other Sunday.

Being a college student in a relationship tends to mean that you’re on a budget and try to make the most out of what you have. This usually means going to a nice dinner and then going to a movie afterward.

Just like the single students, the students that were in relationships really didn’t have anything planned yet either, but most of the couples said that they would find something to do once it gets closer to Valentine’s Day.

“You don’t have to be in a relationship to enjoy Valentine’s Day. There are a lot of people who would rather just be with their friends than be in a relationship and vice versa,” said Savannah Serda, a sophomore at BC.

Serda said that she would more than likely end up going to church and spending her Valentine’s Day with her family.

Stephane Wyatt, a sophomore at BC, said that he is going to be playing in an adult league hockey game on Valentine’s Day.

“It’s ultimately up to you on how you want to spend your Valentine’s Day and your decision should bring you joy no matter what. There’s nothing wrong with being single and there’s nothing wrong with being in a relationship on Valentine’s Day.

“Some people feel as though Valentine’s Day is just like any other day, while others feel like Valentine’s Day is a special day and should continue to be acknowledged as such,” said Wyatt.