Two fondling incidents reported at BC on Sept. 28

Nicholas Covello, Editor-in-Chief

Two separate incidents of fondling were reported to have happened at Bakersfield College on Tuesday, Sept. 28, according to an email sent out by Shelly J. Castaneda, BC’s Executive Director of College Safety.

The first incident occurred at approximately 2:30 p.m. in the grass area located east of the library. A female student was walking on the panorama campus before being pushed near the construction fence line, where she was then fondled before the suspect ran off in an unknown direction.

The suspect in the first incident was described as a male with a tan complexion and slender build, and wearing ripped, blue faded jeans and white Adidas sneakers with black stripes.

The second incident occurred around 6 p.m. in the BC Gym-Huddle later that same day, where a female student was inside the women’s restroom when the male suspect approached her and fondled her before running off in an unknown direction.

The suspect in the second incident was described as a tall man in a black hoodie, dark grey sweatpants, and a black medical face mask.

Officers were unable to locate either of the suspects, and it is currently unknown if both incidents involve the same male suspect.

Anyone with any knowledge on either of these incidents is being asked to contact College Safety at (661)395-4554.