BC Renegades Softball team loses to the College of Sierra Wolverines

Mariah Arviso, Reporter

BC Renegades softball fell to the College of Sierra Wolverines, 13-4, on Feb. 15.

The Wolverines were quick to get on the board with four runs in the top of the first inning. BC sophomore Brooke Lawrence (7) threw many wild pitches which allowed the Wolverines to quickly fill the bases allowing for easy runs.

During the bottom of the second inning, BC’s offense stepped up and scored four runs, some due to wild pitches from the opposing team. The crowd was full of cheers as the Renegades were up to bat. BC freshman Jayden Beam (15) scored the first run of the inning followed by BC sophomore Alexandrea Venegas (12). Two others quickly followed before getting three outs.

Mariah Arviso
BC sophomore Brooke Lawrence (7) throws a wild pitch to the Wolverines at the BC home game on Feb. 15.

A pitching change was made by BC due to the number of wild pitches from Lawrence allowing BC freshman Arianna Gutierrez (16) to pitch for the remainder of the game. The Wolverines were able to score another run during the third inning making the score 5-4.

The score stayed consistent until the top of the fifth inning. The Wolverines managed to get past BC’s defense scoring another two runs. Throughout the remainder of the game, BC struggled to score a single run not being able to advance from first base.

The last two innings of the game BC’s pitcher struggled to keep the Wolverines from walking which allowed them to score three runs in the sixth inning and two runs in the seventh inning. BC wasn’t able to score more after the second inning leaving them defeated by Sierra.

This loss leaves the Renegades softball team with a record of 7-6.