Poll: Was president Trump right to rescind the DACA program?

Google Images

Brandon Cowan, Web Editor

Was President Trump right to rescind the DACA program?

• No (65%, 22 Votes)
  • Yes (35%, 12 Votes)

Total Voters: 34

Loading ... Loading ...

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Poll: Was president Trump right to rescind the DACA program?”

1. Paul Buchanan on September 7th, 2017 3:48 pm

the reason why president trump is right to rescind the DACA program was that DACA was ONLY meant for the immigrant who were crossing the southern border in to the united states. NOT other immigrants. so if you were a Filipino or from somewhere else (i.e. Asia, Africa or Europe) DACA just seemed to turn you around and tell you to go back. So here is what I say for the program. DACA, only good for people crossing from Mexico in to the united states. there for it is a completely racist program. The previous administration had no idea to set it up for every one That were COMMING to the US for a better life at that time.

2. Daniel Escobar BC AG Club President on September 8th, 2017 1:57 am

Rescinding DACA was wrong dreamers are some of Bakersfield college’s best and brightest students

3. Tstorm on September 16th, 2017 8:49 am

The DACA decision is not about whether the recipients of protection are worthy or not. It is about whether the order to establish the program was legal. It clearly exceeded the Constitutional authority of the last President. It has only stayed alive because the courts move so slowly. This President has not marked anyone registered under DACA for immediate deportation. He has turned the issue back to Congress to take action, which is where the issue Constitutionally belongs.

4. Former BC student on September 18th, 2017 3:16 pm

There could have been a better way to tell congress to hurry up and put together a plan that would protect the undocumented people, that live here, and also protect our borders. The move was more about national security than it was about racism but given Trump’s previous comments, it was taken as a race war against DREAMERS.